Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Priorities


Happy New Year

Many years ago a friend said to me that the most important voices are often the quietest. I have found this to be true; particularly with God and my family. For all of us, the demands of work, life, mortgages, sport, church, other people etc. can be very loud and constant; whereas God is often the still small voice. At times our spouse’s or children’s voices can also seem less important and not as loud as the other pressures and demands on us.

A couple of years ago I was talking with a colleague who was struggling with the demands of the church and the needs of his wife and children. My advice was that, “more often than not you will not be able to avoid disappointing someone; so make sure you deliberately choose who it will be. And whatever you do, don’t disappoint your wife and children too often. Choose to disappoint other people more often than them.”

My encouragement for 2014 is to regularly stand back and check your priorities and ensure God and your Spouse/family are at the top of the list AND that your actual allocation of time reflects this.

Yours in Christ

Graham Keech   

No comments:

Post a Comment